Two or Three (.net)

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. - Jesus

2.24.2005

Excellent interview with Ravi Zacharias

by Unknown [+/-] show/hide

by Aaron

I stumbled across this Washington Times interview with Ravi Zacharias about Christian Worldview.

Zacharias is one of the brightest lights in Christian apologetics today. He was raised in India, putting him in contact with basically every major world religion. He has studied philosophy under renowned atheists. All of these circumstances has caused him to have a razor sharp intellect and defense of the Christian faith.

In the interview Zacharias makes some great points. Here are a couple of my favorite:
On people's so fascination with Eastern religions - "...they give you the privilege of morality without having God. Even aspects of the entire New Age movement are a moralizing philosophy without the positing of a central deity. Buddhism also gives you that. Bahaism gives you a pluralistic view, and a lot of aspects of Hinduism give you a moral framework with no accountability other than the karmic system. There's no linear movement or point of accountability toward God."

On the lack of courage in American journalism - "I find a lot of Western journalists intellectually cowardly here. They would never do with Mohammed what they do with Jesus. They don't have the courage to do that. If the major magazines — Time, Newsweek or U.S. News and World Report — did with Mohammed on one of their major festivals what they do to Jesus on Christmas or Easter, they probably wouldn't be in existence any more. [emphasis mine]"


Like Zacharias, I'm still waiting on that investigative piece by Time into Mohammed's early years.

2 Comments:

  • No kidding. Reading Mark Gabriel's books has opened my eyes to the reality of what Mohammed was like and what he taught. Journalists are probably too politically correct to criticize any religion but Xianity, and probably also scared that Muslim extremists, having abandoned any semblance of reason or humanity, will harm them.

    By Blogger danielg, at 2/24/2005 2:26 PM  

  • I never said morality was the primary good or goal of Christianity. I don't think you are being fair at all to say that everything is given merely lip-service. How do you know my faith or Zacharias'?

    It is less "Daddy has to be appeased" and more "Daddy is worthy to be pleased." My heart and my motivations are worth more to God than my actions. Right actions will flow from a right heart with the right motivations. My love for God causes me to want to serve Him, becauses He's worthy of it and He deserves it. He's God, I'm not.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/28/2005 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment