Columnist and radio host Doug Giles has begun a series of columns today on developing a robust faith. Today's column examines how we can incorporate faith into daily living.
To help you take your Christianity out of the Christian ghetto where the secularists would love you to remain, here’s a simple can do: start to see life as a whole. Begin to merge, as J.I. Packer says:
- Your Christianity with culture,
- Your contemplation with achievement,
- Your worship with work,
- Your labor with rest,
- Your fasting with a Foster’s,
- Your love of God with love of neighbor and self,
- Your personal identity with social identity
- Your wide spectrum of relational responsibilities with each other in a thoroughly conscientious and considered way.