Two or Three (.net)

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. - Jesus

3.14.2005

Always a stumbling block

by Unknown [+/-] show/hide

The cross and what it stands for will always be "foolishness to those who are perishing" and a "stumbling block" (1 Cor. 1:18,23)

A California atheist has finally won a 15-year battle to remove a 90-year old cross from a San Deigo hill.

The cross is expected to be removed within 90-days. Several churches have expressed interest in taking the unwanted cross. Which brings to my mind one of my favorite non-Biblical lines from The Passion, which I finally watched again yesterday (I had the DVD since it came out, but it has taken me this long to watch it).

When Jesus begins his journey with the cross, one of the criminals with him begins to mock him by saying, "Why do you embrace your cross, you fool?" That shows the essence of the Christian life, embrace the cross and our cross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment