Two or Three (.net)

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. - Jesus

4.14.2005

More Mind and Media from Two or Three

by Unknown [+/-] show/hide

I just got my books from Mind & Media yesterday.

I received I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist and Total Truth. Since seeker is already reading/reviewing Total Truth here, I am going to read IDHEFTBAA (that acronym may be as hard and long to type as the actual title). My wife has graciously volunteered to read Total Truth (heh! she loves to read as much as I do) first and allow me to post some of her comments here. Then we will switch (so Mind and Media effectively got two reviews for the price of one).

So far I have been really impressed with Mind and Media. Stacy is running a very professional ministry/business that connects bloggers and book publishers together to give both of us what we want. Bloggers love basically free books (we just have to review them on our blog) and publishers love basically free publicity (they just have to send them to Stacy and then us). If you have a blog and want to be a part of this sign up here.

I must thank the publisher, Crossway Books, for providing Mind and Media with the books to distribute. I think this arrangement is going to work out well for all sides.

But here are my initial thoughts on the book by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek:

I, like seeker, did not think my book would be so large. It is close to 400 pages with almost 60 pages of appendixes, footnotes and indexes. I look forward to this, as the books is supposed to essentially be "your one stop apologetic, answers to skeptics place."

The foreword, which I read last night, is not your average foreword. David Limbaugh writes passionately about the topic and the book for six pages, giving it a glowing endorsement. Along with Limbaugh, endorsements come from a virtual who's who of Christian apologetics and thinkers - Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, Phillip E. Johnson, Hank Hanegraaff, Cal Thomas and William A. Dembski.

If the forward and endorsements are any indication, this is going to be one of my favorite apologetics books that I will refer to time and time again like Lee Strobel's The Case For Christ and C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity.

1 Comments:

  • It's pretty cool that all three of us are reviewing books for Mind and Media. That means everyone will get to hear about all sorts of different books that we received. Right now I'm reading "The Jordan Tracks" and have "Beyond the Shadowlands" and "Total Truth" up after that. Pass the word to all your friends and fellow bloggers to join in!

    By Blogger Tom Parsons, at 4/14/2005 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment